Field Service Technician
JOB PURPOSE :
For over 40 years, RAKA Handling has attracted the most talented individuals in the material handling and rental industry. We grew from a single location business to a dynamic one-stop-shop solutions provider across the Upper Midwest. We reward our team members with excellent compensation and benefits packages. From volunteer time off and tuition reimbursement to 401(k) plans and paid military leave — we offer stability and growth while encouraging a work-life balance.
We’re looking for a Resident Technician to perform field service and repairs on customer forklift and railcar moving equipment. You’ll primarily be working independently with little to no supervision driving a company provided service truck to the customer’s place of operations, but you’ll always have the support of the entire RAKA Handling team. We’re looking for someone with strong customer service skills, independent initiative and who understands that safety is always the top priority. Previous experience working on heavy, diesel equipment is preferred. Factory training will be provided.
If you’re ready for the challenge, apply or contact us today: (402) 891-7555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES :
- Remove, install, repair, disassemble, assemble, and perform failure analysis of all forklift and material handling equipment including engines, attachments, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, and electronic and computer applications.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair a variety of mobile equipment, primarily railcar movers and large capacity forklifts.
- Read and understand schematics for electrical and hydraulic systems
- Perform proper preventative maintenance in a timely, safe and professional manner
- Work safely in a variety of customer locations and industry environments
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT RAKA HANDLING :
RAKA Handling, formerly NMC Material Handling, has been serving the upper Midwest since the 1970’s. This change in our business means great things for potential candidates. We’re growing and investing in our company and employees. We are investing in the personnel skills and in a fleet of industry-leading material handling and aerial equipment and service solutions. Come be a part of our experienced and knowledgeable sales and service teams that help our customers with comprehensive equipment solution packages that best serve their business needs.
RAKA Handling hires the best in sales and service personnel behind a complete line of quality products, including:
- Taylor Big Red
- Shuttlewagon Mobile Railcar Movers
- Taylor Dunn