Director of Advising and Career Services
CLASSIFICATION: MnSCU Academic Supervisor 2
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
APPOINTMENT: Full-time Unlimited, Unclassified
SALARY RANGE: $29.01-$42.00/hourly; $60,573-$87,696/annual
Working Hours: M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm. Some evening/weekend work may be required
The work location is in the heart of beautiful central Minnesota; just an hour from the Twin Cities. Benefits include excellent low cost and low deductible health and dental insurance, retirement package, and tuition waiver benefit (after three years of employment). St. Cloud Technical and Community College is proud to be a Minnesota Yellow Ribbon Agency.
This position provides overall leadership in establishing and implementing a comprehensive advising program that promote student success in the Advising Center and Career Services. The Director maintains effective and efficient operations of assigned areas in alignment with the College’s policies and procedures through a student-focused, equity-minded lens. Additionally, this position collaborates with other faculty, staff, and external partners to develop and execute innovative initiatives that support college enrollment, persistence, and completion goals. The Director also will partner with faculty and staff on new student programs, including orientation and first-year experience. The Director also works to administer and further develop an early alert system (Starfish) and serve as a lead point of contact for its facilitation. This position also assists the Vice President of Student Affairs in promoting and enhancing a campus community philosophy that acknowledges students’ individuality, and helps create a campus community that facilitates student success and equity and inclusion.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, supervise, and direct department personnel
- Develop and execute a comprehensive advising program that supports strategic student success goals.
- Ensure that the Advising office provides comprehensive efficient and effective service, including academic and financial guidance, to students, collaboration with faculty and staff, and identification of student engagement opportunities.
- Provide leadership and coordinated oversight of SCTCC’s early alert system (Starfish).
- Provide leadership and management for the Career Services Center and the CareerACHIEVE Program
- Develop and engage in continuous quality improvement initiatives that strengthen services to students and support institutional enrollment, persistence, completion, and job placement goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in education, psychology, student personnel administration, higher education administration or related field
- Three years of supervisory experience and leadership development
- Three years of relevant experience in advising students
- Experience in project/program coordination and/or management
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and working with diverse populations and perspectives
- Training and/or experience in persistence and retention issues and strategies in higher education
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain working relationships with students, staff, faculty and administrators and other constituents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in college counseling, student development, higher education administration or related field
- Advanced skills in technology applications related to student/customer relationship management systems
- Experience in a community or technical college
- Independent and strong ability to effectively and creatively solve complex problems
- Training and experience on issues of poverty, inequity and disability and the impact on education
- Knowledge of ISRS, CRM/CMS systems, ImageNow, DARS, or Starfish.
Physical Requirements, with or without accommodations:
- Ability to perform work that requires the following lifting/carrying strengths:
- Occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
- Primarily sitting: walking and standing occasionally
- Ability to perform in a work environment which may include the following physical functions:
- Occasional: carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, kneeling, twisting/pivot, reaching, fine manipulation.
- Frequent: standing, walking, sitting, simple grasp, feeling, talking, hearing, near vision (up to 20), midrange vision, far vision (over 20).
To review the full position description, please send a request, including the job title, to email@example.com. Submit your online application, cover letter and resume at https://sctcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1938. Review of applications begins after June 1, 2022.