Brenny Specialized Inc.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Position Summary: The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Technician Team Lead and VP of Safety. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for managing the direct maintenance of all Brenny trucks, trailers, company vehicles and support equipment.
Hours: Hourly, Full-time up to 40 hours per week Monday-Friday including some Saturdays during operating hours –Some overtime when approved. After hours and on call as requested.
Position Expectations (may include but not limited to):
- Accountable for providing GRAND CHAMPION customer service to everyone.
- Preventative Maintenance of company trucks, trailers, company vehicles, forklifts, etc.
- General Maintenance of company trucks, trailer, company vehicles, forklifts, etc. (e.g., brake jobs, rebuild 5th wheel, etc)
- Major Maintenance of company trucks, trailers, company vehicles, forklifts, etc. (e.g., overheads, overhauls, transmission, etc)
- Detailing and cleaning of trucks semi’s & company vehicles
- Helping Specialized drivers’ tarp load, and secure freight
- Keep track of equipment maintenance records for DOT
- Picking up of supplies and shop materials
- Upkeep and cleanliness of shop, yard, warehouse and other Brenny
- General maintenance of shop, building and warehouse
- Manage tarps
- Report to dispatch what trailers are in yard and inform them of needed repairs and helping to keep track of where equipment is located
- Required to fill out work orders for all work being done
- Tire repair & replacing
- Invoicing Owner Operators
- Operations of forklift for loading and unloading of product, fully trained
- Trouble shooting – helping drivers with questions on trucks as directed
- Inventory and ordering of parts and supplies as directed
- Cummins Certified
- Assist with computer systems for trucks (Cummins, Paccar, Bendix, Eaton, NTTS, etc)
- Fabrication – welding of steel and aluminum
- On call rotation once trained
- Attend company meetings, classes or seminars as directed
- Other duties as directed by dispatch, management, and owners
100% Team Member Paid Insurance Retirement Plan w/ 3% match Profit Sharing Home / Work Life Balance Military Bonus
Tobacco Free Bonus Loyalty Bonus
Team Retreats Paid Weekly
Preset, Predictable Schedule M-F
Uncapped Bonus Potential On-Site Auto shop Team Member Mentoring Program
Team Advisory Committee Nurse/Wellness Coach Monthly Charities to Serve
Advancement Opportunities Everyone Has a Voice
Owners Provide a Fun, Energetic and Caring Atmosphere!
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
*Mechanical certification/degree or 2+ years work experience
*Must have a valid driver’s license with a clear driving record, CDL helpful
*Must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, stand and kneel
*Must frequently lift and/or move a minimum of 50-100 pounds
*Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
*Above average communication skills
*An understanding of the transportation/logistics industry, or desire to learn
*Self-motivated and innovative – able to work with little supervision
*Ability to multitask and prioritize task at hand
*The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a smile on your face!
*A Grand Champion Attitude and Honest Character will guarantee your success at Brenny!
Trucking is a safety sensitive career, thus all positions with Brenny Transportation, Inc and Brenny Specialized, Inc. are drug tested randomly