Senior/Staff Accountant - St. Cloud or Alexandria
Indigo Signs is a Midwest based custom sign company that designs, manufactures, installs and services signs for our customers. We’re searching for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team of collaborative accounting professionals. The primary responsibilities for the position fall within four areas including, compliance, business support, monthly close and accounting team practices.
In this role you will focus on day-to-day accounting and work with the CFO to continue developing our accounting practices and financial process interactions with operations and business systems. In addition, this role will have an analysis opportunity by building and providing financial and business information to our executive leadership and operations teams, Board of Directors and lenders. Our accounting team supports business operations, business information and compliance across two states and seven offices.
This role will be based in our St. Cloud, Alexandria, or Fargo office location. It is a hybrid position, including some in-office and remote work. Occasional travel to our locations in Minnesota and North Dakota is required, especially during the initial phase to learn our business.
Here are the qualities you bring:
- Detail-oriented, collaborative, disciplined, and self-directed
- Enjoys day-to-day interaction with business operations and accounting colleagues
- Ability to work with multiple people to understand a business operation or issue
- Open to experimenting with new ideas to become more efficient and effective
- Willingness to learn the exciting sign manufacturing business
- Desire to continue learning the accounting profession and expand your knowledge
- 3-5 years of general accounting roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prior experience working for a company with revenues of $10 million or greater
- Advanced Excel capabilities and ability to work with large sets of data
- Detailed financial systems experience for day-to-day accounting activities (versus system management)
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or contract manufacturing industry is desired, but not required
- Experience in working with a business ERP with integrated components of sales, operations and finance (e.g. NetSuite, MS Dynamics) and KeyedIn (either Manufacturing or Signs version), EPICOR, JobBoss, or Triven is helpful
- Experience working in a hybrid work setting is helpful
What Indigo Signs offers:
- Competitive salary, dependent upon number of years of experience
- A well-rounded benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation that you start accruing in your first paycheck, 6 company paid holidays, a matching 401K, HSA, and FSA among other favorable benefits
- An established company in business for over 20 years, with a focus on providing high quality signage for our customers